Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chanson: Eileen, Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher (correction)

Here's the correction for this lesson. You will find the answers to the exercise, a literal translation of the lyrics, vocabulary from the song and a music video.
Eileen et ses bottes

Eileen - Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher (dukes edit) by Dukes

Quand tu me dis que tu n'as pas d'autre fille
When you tell me you have no other girl
Je sais parfaitement que tu mens
I know perfectly that you lie
Tout le monde sait que tu me trompes SOUVENT
Everybody knows that you cheat on me often
Alors méfie-toi, je t'avertis maintenant
So watch out, I am warning you now
Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher
These boots are made for walking
Et tu vas le REGRETTER
And you are going to regret it
Car je mettrai ces bottes
Because I will put on these boots
Un JOUR ou l'autre pour te quitter
One day or another to leave you
Tu mens tellement que c'est plus fort que TOI
You lie so much that it is stronger that you (= you can't help it)
Et tu ne sais jamais où est la vérité
And you never know where the truth is
Comme tous les enfants, tu CROIS être un homme
Like all children, you believe you are a  man
Mais toi, dans ma vie, tu ne m'as rien donné
But you, in my life, you never gave me anything
Ces bottes...
Toi, tu joues avec le FEU et tu t'amuses
You, you play with fire and you are having fun
Mais un JOUR viendratu vas te brûler
But the day will come when (lit: where) you will burn yourself
Un autre a pris ta place et moi je l'aime
Another one took your spot and me, I love him
Et ce qu'il est, tu ne le seras JAMAIS
And what he is, you will never be
Ces bottes...

Vocabulaire: quelques verbes
mentir to lie
brûler to burn
tromper qqn to cheat on s.o., to deceive s.o.
avertir to warn
se méfier to watch out, to not trust

En vidéo: la version de Muguette

No comments:

Post a Comment